Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Extraordinary Ordinary Fun: Pancake Art

It continues to be spring break for my nephew and so he spent the night with us last night.

This guy loves to make stuff - like structures.  I promise you he will be an engineer.  He is so inventive.


We slept in and I made a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon.   The kids wanted it to be colorful so I made pancakes and colored the eggs green.

This is my attempt at a rainbow with a pot of gold.


Here is their initials and a little extra something with the green eggs.  I couldn't eat them.  It just didn't seem right.


 I just mixed up the pancake batter and then separated it into bowls and put different colors in each bowl.  To make the art I use a frosting decorator from this cupcake set.  But I have just used a zip top bag and put the batter in it and then seal it and snip off the end.  I then just make initials or draw hearts and fill them in or make the rainbow-like thing I made above.

The kids just love something out of the ordinary.  I just love to make it for them.



Wonder what we will do tomorrow.  Any ideas?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly