Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Paleo at Aldi



I have loved Aldi for a long time now.   When I first started Paleo last year there didn't seem to be as much there that I could buy.

But things have changed!

Today, I am sharing what items I buy at Aldi that fit into my Paleo diet.  Remember though not all Aldi stores have the same things.  You will have to visit your store to see what they have.

Produce:
Organic spinach
Organic carrots
Organic apples
**They usually have these in organic and occasionally other produce as well but they almost always have these.  I then buy a few items non-organic that are on the Clean 15 to save a little money.
  • Avocados
  • Pineapples
  • Cabbage
  • Sweet peas (frozen)
  • Onions
  • Asparagus
  • Cauliflower
  • Sweet potatoes
There sweet potatoes are hit and miss as far as quality so I don't always buy them there.



They have also started carrying a "brand" called Never Any.


http://allnaturalsavings.com/2015/03/01/aldi-new-natural-line-of-deli-meatssausagesbacon-never-any/


I also get almond milk, honey, organic ketchup and organic almond butter.  Obviously I use those more sparingly.  I buy their organic spaghetti sauce too which does not have any sugar in it. 

They also have Grassfed Beef.  It is $6.99/lb. at my local store.  I do sometimes buy this as well. 

I do buy nuts there sometimes even though they aren't raw nuts.

Other items I buy:

Maple syrup
Olive oil
Organic tomato sauce and paste
Mustard
Banana chips - they have sugar in them but they are so delicious - a special treat

I also buy a few of their gluten free products for the kids as I haven't transitioned them fully to paleo yet.

Do you shop at Aldi?  What have you found that you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly